Pages

Second Year at University So Far...


At the moment I am carrying on from my summer project which was originally themed around homeless people and their pet companions. However I decided to save this theme for a future project as I couldn’t draw from it observationally whilst in the studio. So in the end i chose to draw objects from the seashore (as i have quite a collection) in the style of fauvism. I chose this style for its expressive painterly qualities that have no colour resemble to their realistic values. I liked the idea of warm coloured shells..




Pink seems to be a default colour choice

A little bit of collaging with house paints

Painting with bits of card instead of a brush

For inspiration i have been looking at Britt Bass Turner, Katie Craig, Henri Matisse and Jenny Andrews.

Katie Craig

Henri Matisse

Britt Bass Turner

Jenny Andrews 



No comments:

Post a Comment